The Inside Scoop with one of the Prosecuting Attorneys......


My role in the mock trial was to advocate for the prosecution as an attorney. To prepare for this assignment, I spent a few weeks learning the facts of the case, as well as working with an actual attorney. 

I liked my role as an attorney because I felt that it was a great learning experience related to judicial procedures. This experience gave me insight into what may actually occur in a “real life” scenario, which I will hopefully never witness first hand. 

I used persuasion in my role, especially in the opening statement. I was trying to use the persuasion style of pathos. Since Alex had lost a leg, as well as, any hope for a college scholarship, I thought this method would be effective in the opening statement to appeal to the emotional side of jurors. I also used the logos style of persuasion when cross-examining Alex. The prosecution believed she was using common sense and logic while crossing the street. I believe this manner of persuasion was utilized especially during the redirect portion of Alex’s testimony.

Comments