An Inside Expose With Jerri Houseman!

Jerri Houseman was a witness for the defense. She was the only unbiased eyewitness to the accident and she had nothing to lose by telling her story. Jerry’s job was to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about the events of October 5, 2011. 

My character’s credibility was questioned due to the fact that she had a prior drunk driving conviction. I also happened to be was out in my garage enjoying “beverages” on the night in question. I had to persuade the jury that I was being truthful and not drinking alcohol. Logically my testimony strengthened the defense’s argument because I had no reason to lie about what happened. I had nothing to gain by the results of the trial. 

On a personal note, I enjoyed taking part in the trial. I thought it was a great learning experience. I had a chance to sit in on the last two weeks of preparation for the defense and I learned quite a bit about courtroom proceedings. I would definitely participate again if given the chance.

Submitted by MSTC Student, Heather

Comments