What was it like to be a juror in this year's mock trial??

As a juror, I listened to both sides trying to be as biased as I could and both sides were very convincing, but as soon as the prosecutors said Ashley said “no” four times that was enough for me to say David was guilty. As the trial went on, I thought Ashley could be lying about what she said, but David in his statement admitted that he pushed himself on to her and Ashley said “no” four times and he had kept going. At that point I knew he was guilty, but was he guilty of first degree I thought? I kept jotting down notes, but according to the pictures of the faint bruises on Ashley’s arms and only her arms and the picture of the slightly torn shirt. They showed of the picture of her journal stating this wasn’t the first time David had pushed himself on to her, but whenever she said “no” he did stop. I didn’t believe it was first degree and about as bad as I felt saying that I didn’t feel it was right to say it was first degree sexual assault if it wasn’t. They showed of the picture of her journal stating this wasn’t the first time David had pushed himself on to her, but whenever she said “no” he did stop.
 

Written by MSTC Student, Dillon

Comments