What is like to be a witness? Andre provides some perspective....

In the mock trial held on April 29, I had the opportunity to play the role of Randy Miller. Randi was a Psychological counselor who specialized in assisting rape and sexual assault victims. With this position and in this type of trial I testified on the prosecution side for the rape victim. To prepare, I looked over and rehearsed the affidavit of Randy Miller so that I could answer questions asked by the attorney. I enjoyed the role I played particularly well because of the fact that I had the chance to really get into my role and show emotion while being in the trial. Being on the stand I believe I definitely had to be persuasive in how I stated certain information to the jury present. This was important in the trial because the jury was clueless going in, so you really wanted to win them over and get them on your side. The use of pathos was highly used throughout this day in court. I had to channel a specific emotion in order to connect with the jury for them to see the significance of what had happened.

Submitted by MSTC Student, Andre

Comments