My duties were to sit on the jury. I was supposed to make an educated decision about whether the defendant was guilty or not with the evidence that I was given during the trial. I was supposed to keep all judgments aside and keep my emotions to myself.  I was able to have a notepad along with me and take notes about the trail. But I was not to share my notes with any other jury member. I also could not talk about the case outside of the court room with literally anybody.
What I liked about the jury duty was that I felt powerful. I had the power to convict someone or set them free. I also liked that I could have my own opinion about whether she was guilty or not, there was no wrong or right answer. I had to use logos, pathos, and ethos to persuade my fellow jury members to see what I saw in the trial. I disliked that I was not able to talk about the trail to anybody, even just for one day when we went to lunch it was very hard to hold back some observations that I saw and keep all my comments to myself.
Overall it was a good day.
Submitted by Steven

Comments